Recently I had the opportunity to try out LashControl Volumizing Mascara. It’s an innovative mascara with a squeezy tube center so that it lets you control how much or how little mascara comes out when you apply it.
The Website claims:
Our Volumizer brush is zig-zag in shape to offer fast-paced 2x Black coverage. The conditioning, no flake black formula is beeswax-based with loads of botanicals to help hydrate the lashes. The best volume mascara with Squeeze Control!
- UNIQUE: No other mascara on the market today has our patented built-in squeezable wiper sleeve, enabling the consumer to continuously control and customize the application process.
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL and more SANITARY: No more wiping with a tissue or scraping along the edge of the tube! Now your brush can be both an applicator and a lash separator, reducing excess and waste, application is precise and takes less time, and best of all -NO MORE CLUMPS!
- GENTLE: Conditioning mascara formulas are non-irritating*. With loads of botanicals in a hydrating beeswax base, ingredients include Gingko Biloba, Chamomile Flower Extract, Ginseng Root Extract and many more. Our formulas accentuate length with the ability add volume with layers as desired. Lashes stay flexible to the touch. No smearing or flaking
- EASY: Easy to use and easy to remove! Washes off with warm water. Promotes healthy natural growth and protects the lashes. No tugging, pulling or remover necessary.
- FUN: Sold in exciting and eco-friendly exterior packaging that displays a full size product and brush.
Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Rosinate, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Alcohol, PVP, Lanolin Acid , Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Sodium Borate, Dimethicone, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Chlorphenesin, Keratin Amino Acids, Propylparaben, Sorbic Acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ginko Biloba Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tocopherol, MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxides CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499
Here’s how my lashes look after two coats. I have no idea why it looks better when I look up than when I look directly at the camera. I did curl my lashes.
Does it live up to its claims?
It makes 5 claims and for me it lives up to all 5 of them. It didn’t irritate my eyes at all. It was easy to apply. It didn’t clump on me. I could take out as little or as much as I wanted at one time. The brush is great for evenly coating my lashes and detangling, to prevent clumps.
You can see me wearing it here with Anastasia Lash Genius on top.
The only time I experienced flaking with it was when I showered with it on and it got wet. However, it doesn’t claim to be waterproof, and all I have to do is add some Anastasia Lash Genius and that turns it waterproof.
Would I purchase?
Yes! I was really pleasantly surprised with how nice this mascara turned out to be! If you squeeze a LOT, you get a very natural look. That’s not really my thing, so I don’t squeeze at all, so that I get longer, thicker lashes.
To the best of my knowledge LashControl is cruelty-free.
What do you think about LashControl? Have you tried it? Does the squeeze tube intrigue you?
Product sent for consideration. All opinions are my own.