I’ve been asked about my ethnicity a lot. I tend to just say, I’m an American mutt. The way I was told, my birth mother’s mother was an Irish Catholic woman who converted to Judaism to marry my birth mother’s father, who was Orthodox Jew. My birth mother and her siblings were all raised in a strict Jewish household. My birth mother left her home at a young age and started going to a Free Methodist church, which is where she met my father and married him. My father has told me that his family is primarily Swiss, but also German and English. My parents raised me in a Free Methodist household, which I thoroughly hated. I’ve had people tell me I’m American, I’m part Irish, and that I’m Jewish. I don’t really know what to consider myself other than that I’m me. When I’ve traveled outside of the USA, people always ask me if I’m Irish. I’m guessing it’s something about my facial structure.
Anyway, this is my St. Patrick’s Day look. St. Patty’s is always a favorite holiday of mine. When I’m feeling well, I tend to like to hit an Irish pub and have some Strongbow if it’s on tap, or some Woodchuck Dark & Dry if not.
Please excuse my skin. With my allergies going crazy, my skin has been no exception. No matter how much I moisturize or exfoliate, I’m having icky flakies The Clarisonic Mia and Angels on Bare Skin are only able to do so much.
Detox – seafoam green with silver sparkle
Cloudburst – true black with subtle green pearl
Mood Ring – aqua
Hoppin’ – clean pastel peach
Vapour – soft pale peachy-pink duochrome flecked with violet shimmer (velvet)
Greenplay – clean yellow/green with pearl
Graffiti – medium bright green with silver sparkle
Midori – vibrant green with a slight pearl sheen
I really wish someone would make a mineral version of Vapour! It’s such a friggin’ gorgeous highlighter!
Concrete Detox – inner v and lid
MAC Cloudburst – crease, later used to fill in brows
MAC Mood Ring – applied with fiber opic brush to upper crease, blending down on top of Cloudburst
MAC Hoppin’ – on browbone to highlight
MAC Vapour – on top of Hoppin’ to highlight
Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Graffiti – lower lash line
Sugarpill Midori – on top of Graffiti along lower lash line
Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Yeyo – lower water line
Raven Gel Eyeliner – upper lash line
Greenplay – 3 leaf clover on right eye
Aromaleigh Lash Primer
Covergirl LashBlast Luxe in Black Platinum
beige blush – to contour
MAC Full Fuschia – as blush
Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 in Translucent Light
Aromaleigh Minty Cocoa Chip Lipbalm
Revlon Matte Lipstick in Pink About It
Soap n’ Glory Sexy MotherPucker in Clear
I REALLY love the effect of the lipstick with the plumping lip gloss on top. I think those two together look pretty awesome on me.
Phaedra has, of course, been my constant companion through everything. She’s only been away from me the few hours that I’ve been at work. She’s absolutely wonderful at cuddling and comforting me. If only I could train her to pick up a box of tissues and bring them to me. Hrm. Bet I could.
Ok, the Step By Step.
1. Apply Eden all over eye area (yay for reverse panda eyes!)
2. Apply Detox to lid. I used a small taklon eye shadow brush from Aromaleigh, which allowed me to get the inner v area.
3. Apply Cloudburst in crease. I used an angled ecoTools crease brush and blended upwards with the color, onto my browbone. I left only a little bit of open space between my eyebrows and Cloudburst.
4. Apply Mood Ring in crease. I used an Aromaleigh fiber optic pointed crease brush and I blended downward with it, so that the crease looked aqua/green and black.
5. Apply Hoppin’ right under eyebrows. I used an ecoTools highlighter brush and applied the color only under the eyebrows. I did blend a bit at the edge where Hoppin’ and Mood Ring / Cloudburst meet.
6. Darken the outer v with Cloudburst. I used an ecoTools shader brush to darken the outer v area and a bit of the lower crease.
7. Put Graffiti along lower lash line.
8. Put Midori along lower lash line. I used a smudge brush to apply it on top of Graffiti.
9. Put Yeyo on lower water line.
10. Put Raven on upper lash line. I used a Fyrinnae bent eyeliner brush.
11. Curl Eyelashes. I used a Revlon heated eye lash curler.
12. Put lash primer on.
13. Put on Lashblast Luxe Mascara.
14. Draw a 3 leaf clover at the outer edge of one eye. I did this with MAC’s Liquidlast liquid liner in Greenplay.
15. Groom brows into place
16. Use a touch of brow wax on eyebrows. I used the wax that came with my Urban Decay Brunette Bombshell pencil.
17. Define brows with Cloudburst. I used a Sephora angled eyebrow brush.